Home away from home

Home away from home

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Hello winter semester!

I hope everyone had a nice and relaxing break! Post a comment about how your break was or what you did!

Monday  was the first day of classes and of course that means that Michigan would start it's wintery mix again! No snow over break where I live but of course the first day I have to make a commute, here it is! Christmas Eve was 50 degrees and now it is less than zero, but I still love Michigan!

I was still able to get to campus in only a hour and show up the first day of my classes since last winter semester I wasn't so lucky. How has your commute been going so far?




On a positive note, the Honors staff is working hard on planning some events for this semester like a lock-in and more coffee hours! Which means that the commuter program (with a focus on non-traditional students) will shortly be back in full swing. Keep checking the calendar as events get added: http://www.emich.edu/honors/honors_calendar/index.php

Enjoy your first week of classes and feel free to make suggestions about what our first commuter event should be this semester!

Kaylee


P.S Just remember that the snow, ice and cold could always be worse!


P.S.S This hasn't actually happened...




No comments:

Post a Comment