Home away from home

Home away from home

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Break Already?!?


Hello fellow Honors Commuters (and anyone else reading the blog)!

Can you believe it's already February? If you're like me and have a color coded planner, you will be glad to see that it's a short month! Winter Break is already coming up- I love having something to look forward to like this! Yes, that's right. No classes the week of February 22nd - February 26th (although campus will be open - in case you need to go to the library or something, I know I'll need to). Anyone doing anything fun and exciting for break?!

This is a great time to relax and give yourself a break (and maybe possibly enjoy some fun Winter activities - ice skating at Campus Martius anyone?), but it's also a great time to be productive (see above image)! Halfway through the semester is a chance where you can evaluate where you are at, maybe work on getting ahead in your class work and also look into classes for the Fall. Yes, registration for Fall 2016 is on Tuesday, March 15th for Honors students! 

I know that seems kinda far away, but advising appointments may book up fast and thinking about it now and over break will help you when you meet with our awesome Honors advisors! As a commuter, I always wanted to see about what times classes I was interested in were at so I could start planning a schedule accordingly.

To set up your appointment, please go to this link: https://booknow.appointment-plus.com/6gy23etv/

I was so concerned with making sure I told all of you about registration, that I almost forgot to make an advising appointment for myself! Whoops. I always look at classes beforehand and get an idea for what I'm thinking but it is always good to get a second opinion and also make sure you are good with your Honors requirements too!

Also don't panic if you don't make an appointment until after break, we do hold a lot of group advising sessions or drop in advising! If you have any other questions, please feel free to email me and I'll get you in touch with someone or also call the Honors College at 734-487-0341.

Soar Higher!

Kaylee

No comments:

Post a Comment