Home away from home

Home away from home

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Resources

So we all remember everything they told us at orientation right?

Wrong. At least for me. Those days you are so bombarded with information that it's hard to keep everything straight and prioritize what you actually need to know. Being a commuter, you probably aren't on campus as often to familiarize yourself with every building or if you're like me, every parking lot.

Q: Did you know that the parking department will jump your car if the battery dies?

I didn't when my car died after accidentally leaving my lights on during Honors orientation so I made my poor boyfriend drive 40 minutes to come save me. As I'm telling one of my residential friends about my bad luck, she tells me about this service and I felt like I didn't know anything about campus! 

Q: Are you really hungry during your long days here because you don't want to purchase food and don't know what you'd do with food from home?

There's microwaves all over campus open to use! I also didn't know this when I would starve all day just to go home and binge after 9-5 classes my first semester!

 This is why we are having our next event, Commuter Series, featuring all the resources that are available on campus! With the winter semester coming up quickly, even more resources and tips are needed (unless some of us like those two hour morning drives :b). I invite you to post any tips you have found while being a student about winter driving, parking, anything you can think of! What have your experiences been, negative and positive, and what would you like to see changed for the future? I know you all have thoughts about this so please comment below :)

Anything discussed on here will be added to an information sheet for our upcoming event as well as possibly to be handed out at future orientations! Let's make all of our lives easier!



Thanks everyone,

Kaylee

My general tip for Winter semesters: Always wake up early enough to check the news for traffic/weather updates so you give yourself enough time to make it to class!


No comments:

Post a Comment